EL MONTE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT INTER-DISTRICT PERMITS (TK - 8th)
An interdistrict permit is considered according to the Board Policy of the El Monte City School District. All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Many of our schools provide before/after school care and additional programs and services that are considered when reviewing the inter-district permit application. Supporting documents for the reason(s) stated must be included. Completing the application and submitting any documentation does not guarantee the permit will be approved.
- Download and complete the interdistrict permit application.
- Specify the reason for the request and include any documents to support your reason(s).
- Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
- Following a decision, an El Monte City School District representative will contact you to either pick up your permit or notify you in writing.
- Denied inter-district permits to transfer out of El Monte City School District may be appealed to the Superintendent and Los Angeles County Office Of Education within 30 days of the final denial notice. Contact the Superintendent's office at (626)453-3798 for an inter-district permit denial appeal meeting.
The inter-district permit application can be dropped off at 3540 Lexington Avenue, El Monte, 91731, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:30 p.m.
Applications must include documentation to support your reason(s) for the request. Applications received without proper documentation will be considered incomplete. If you have any questions, please call (626)453-3700.
For high school permits visit the El Monte Union High School District website: https://www.emuhsd.org/