EL MONTE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
An interdistrict permit is considered according to the board policy of the El Monte City School District. All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Many of our schools provide before/after school care and additional programs and services that are considered when reviewing the inter-district permit application. Please be sure to provide all the necessary supporting documents for the reasons stated. By completing the application and submitting all the required documentation does not guarantee the permit will be approved.
- Download and complete the interdistrict permit application.
- Specify the reason for the request and include the required documents to support your reason(s).
- See page 2 of the application for guidance on the required documents.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
- Following a decision an El Monte City School District representative will contact you to either pick up your permit or have it emailed to you.
- Denied inter-district permits to transfer out of El Monte City School District may be appealed with the Superintendent and Los Angeles County Office Of Education within 30 days of the final denial notice. Contact the Superintendent's office at (626)453-3798 for an inter-district permit denial appeal meeting.
The inter-district permit application may be dropped off at 3540 Lexington Avenue, El Monte, 91731, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:30 p.m. or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure to include the required documents. If you have any questions please call (626)453-3700.