Personnel » Credentials FAQ

Credentials FAQ

Will I be reminded to renew my credential?
Yes. One month in advance you will be notified by Personnel to renew online.  You will then get reminders throughout that month until you renew.  It is your responsibility to renew your credential.  
How far in advance can I renew my credential?
You may renew your credential within one year of its expiration date.
Can I renew after the expiration date?
Yes, you can but you should not.  You will not be paid for any time you worked without a credential.  The Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) does not backdate credentials. 
How do I renew my credential?
Go to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing Website ( and click on the box marked "Online Services for Agencies."  You may then enter your social security number and your date of birth. Review your personal information for accuracy. You can change information at that time.  Click on the box marked "next" and find the credential you need to renew.  Complete the questions, pay for the credential and print your receipt to complete the process.  
How do I change my name with the District?
In order to change your name, please contact the Personnel Department for a Personal Information Form.  You will need to turn the form in person into Personnel with your new social security card verifying your new legal name. 
Will the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) send me a copy of my credential?
No, the CTC does not send copies of credentials. You may print a copy at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing Website. 
Do I still need to provide the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) verification of professional growth requirements when renewing? 
No, the only time the CTC requires professional growth documentation is if you are a holder of a Child Development Permit.  Otherwise, the Commission will no longer be requesting verification of professional growth requirements (including clock hours and days of service) when renewing your teaching or services credentials.