Enrollment » Enroll Today

Enroll Today

Early Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year is NOW OPEN!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REGISTER IN-PERSON, you can visit your school or call their office beginning Wednesday, August 9, 2023 when school offices reopen. Access office phone numbers below. 
You can also enroll online! Click the link below to access our online enrollment system. You need an ASPEN account to enroll your child. If you do not have an ASPEN account, click "Request an Account" and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you create an account, you will receive an email confirming your account. From there, you can login and access your ASPEN account page. To start registering your child, click the "Initiate" button to begin registration.
*ONLINE REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED USING A TABLET, LAPTOP, OR COMPUTER. The online enrollment system is not compatible with mobile phones at this time. If you do not have a tablet, laptop, or computer, please call your preferred school or home school to schedule an appointment to register in-person. Our school office staff would love to help you!*
School office and local municipal phone numbers are listed below:
District Office: (626) 453-3700
Cherrylee School: (626) 575-2326
Cleminson School: (626) 575-2327
Columbia School: (626) 575-2306
Cortada School(626) 575-2391
Durfee School(626) 443-3900
Gidley School: (626) 575-2323
LeGore School(626) 575-2329
New Lexington School: (626) 575-2320
Potrero School: (626) 350-9386
Rio Hondo School(626) 575-2308
Rio Vista School(626) 575-2310
Shirpser School(626) 575-2393
Wilkerson School(626) 575-2331
Wright School(626) 575-2333
City of El Monte:(626) 580-2001
If you would like to register your child for our Head Start/Preschool programCLICK HERE!
Any students age 0 - 4 is eligible for our Head Start/Preschool program.
TK or Kindergarten Enrollment: We have expanded our Transitional Kindergarten (TK) enrollment age. Any child who will turn age 5 between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024 is eligible to start TK in the 2023-24 school year. Any student who turns age 5 by September 1, 2023 will be eligible to be enrolled in Kindergarten.
Spanish or Mandarin Dual Language Immersion: For parents and guardians interested in enrolling your child in a Spanish or Dual Language Immersion program, please answer 'YES' to the question: Are you enrolling your student for our Dual Language Program? This question will be located on the first tab of the online enrollment process.
When is online enrollment available?
Online enrollment is available now. You can access it by visiting www.emcsd.org/studentenrollment/ or using this direct link: https://ca-elmonte.myfollett.com/aspen/logon.do
The enrollment link is not working, why?
Currently, online enrollment is only available using a tablet, laptop, or computer. If you are trying to access the portal using a phone (iPhone or Android), you will not be able to register for an ASPEN account or enroll your child. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
What if I don’t have a tablet, laptop, or computer?
We understand that not all families have access to tablets, laptops, or computers. So to help assist in the enrollment process, we can make an appointment for you to come to our school office and provide you with the technology and any assistance needed to successfully enroll your child. 
Do I only have to register online?
No. We will be more than happy to provide you with paper registration forms to enroll your child in our school. Please note: an ASPEN account will still need to be created for you so your student can be officially registered and you can get access to our District’s communication platform, ParentSquare.
I can’t upload the documents, what do I do?
If you are having trouble uploading your documents, simply complete and submit the registration. A school staff member will review your application and contact you to establish a date and time you can come to school and drop off your documents. 
When will I know I completed the online registration?
After you click submit, you will receive a confirmation email saying that your registration has been accepted.
Will I be contacted if there are any issues with my registration?
Yes. Once school staff reviews the information you submitted during registration, if there are any questions, concerns, or missing information, a school staff member will contact you.
How long will it take for school staff to contact me?
It could take up to a week for school staff to contact you after you complete online registration. With so many parents registering, our school office staff members want to make sure that each and every application is processed correctly. 
I want to register my child for Spanish or Mandarin Dual Language Immersion, what do I do?
There is a high demand to enroll in our Spanish and Mandarin DLI programs. Both programs are schools specific. Spanish DLI is taught at Durfee School while Mandarin DLI is available at New Lexington. To enroll your child in those programs, please answer 'YES' to the question: Are you enrolling your student for our Dual Language Program? This question will be located on the first tab of the online enrollment process.
Why can’t I update the application myself?
School staff are going through an extensive review of each application, so any changes made after you submit your application may cause confusion or interfere with the review process. Contacting school staff ensures that the changes you need are well documented and accounted for.
Enrollment Materials
In preparation of enrollment, please view the necessary documentation to enroll your child in an EMCSD school below. Remember, enrollment cannot be finalized until ALL required documentation is presented at your school of enrollment.

When registering your child, who has not previously been enrolled, the following documents are
1. Proof of Age :
  • Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:
    • Certified copy of birth record
    • Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
    • Baptism certificate
    • Passport
  • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other
    appropriate means of proving the age of the child.
    • A student enrolling a district school at any other grade level shall present records from his/her
      previous school district documenting his/her age and current grade level.
    • Students who turn age 5 between September 2, 2023 through April 2, 2024 are eligible to start TK this year!
2. Proof of Immunization:
  • All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed before enrolling in school.
    Immunization Record to include the following
    • Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (DTap, DTP, or DT)
    • Polio - Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
    • Hepatitis B
      • Varicella (Chickenpox)
3. Proof of Address (only one proof is necessary)
  • Property tax payment receipts
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
  • Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts
  • Pay stubs
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency
  • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student.
While a district must accept the listed documents, the district may choose to accept other types,
as well.
4. Proof of Legal Guardianship
  • Valid Form of Identification:
    • Driver’s License
    • Passport
    • Government-Issued Identification
  • Child’s birth certificate
  • Caregiver Affidavit
Download a PDF version of the "EMCSD Enrollment Documents" below: